In support of the work of the International Civil Service Commission, the role
of the Human Resources Policies Division is to develop proposals for the
establishment, revision and/or enhancement of human resources management
policies in the common system with particular reference to job evaluation,
career structures, staff development schemes, performance management systems,
recruitment and mobility guidelines, and gender equity strategies, and to
support unity of implementation of these policies in the organizations of the
In carrying out this function, the Division is responsible for:
- Leading and preparing studies on specific aspects of human resources
management and providing policy guidance to the organizations on the conditions
of service of staff as approved by the Commission and the General Assembly.
- Establishing, reviewing and updating related tools such as job evaluation
manuals and handbooks and advising and training organizations in their
- Classifying duty stations according to conditions of life and work under the
mobility and hardship scheme and recommending the granting of danger pay.
- Monitoring and reporting on the implementation by organizations of all
recommendations and decisions of the ICSC including the improvement of the
status of women in the common system.
- Providing guidance, advice and training to organizations of the common
system in any relevant area of work.
Ms. Marta Leichner-Boyce
Chief, Human Resources Policies Division