The Cost-of-living Division is managed by the Chief of the Cost-of-Living
Division, who is accountable to the Executive Secretary of ICSC.
It is responsible for the operation of the Post Adjustment
System and Rental Subsidy Scheme.
Its duties include :
- Carrying out periodic cost-of-living surveys; collecting data on expenditure
patterns of staff, prices for a basket of goods and services, and data on
- Calculating post adjustment indexes which express cost-of-living
relativities between each duty station of the United Nations common system and
- Updating of post adjustment indexes on a monthly basis;
- Maintaining the rental subsidy scheme, which is linked to the post
- Publishing post adjustment reports on a monthly basis;
- Calculating and publishing retail price indexes.
Mr. Ibrahim-Sorie Yansaneh
Chief, Cost-of-Living Division