The Seventy-fifth Session of the Commission
New York from 9 to 20 July 2012
The International Civil Service Commission (ICSC) held its 75th session at the United Nations Headquarters in New York from 9 - 20 July 2012. ICSC worked on a range of topics affecting all staff categories throughout the United Nations common system. The Commission, inter alia:
Regarding Education Grant, with effect as of the school year in progress on 1 January 2013:
- Completed its review of the Pensionable Remuneration,
- Reported the results of the General Service salary survey in Rome,
- Supported the recommendation from the UNJSPB to raise the Mandatory Age of Separation for new entrants to 65 and,
In addition, during one of its lunch breaks, the Commissionâ€™s secretariat invited staff of the common system to participate in a panel discussion on staff experiences regarding mobility.
- Recommended adjustments to boarding costs, the maximum education grant level, maximum admissible expenses at some locations and,
- Made a number of decisions regarding special measures.