The Thirty-second Session of the Advisory Committee on Post Adjustment Questions
New York, 25 January - 1 February 2010
At this session, which was attended by representatives of many organizations and staff federations, the Committee dealt with a range of methodological issues pertaining to the 2010 round of place-to-place surveys, including:
- the list of items and specifications;
- the re-design of survey data collection forms;
- procedures and guidelines for data collection at headquarters duty stations;
- procedures for establishing new common weights;
- results of further testing of the new approach to cost-of-living measurement based on real-time price comparisons with New York; and- results of the evaluation of the new basket of countries used in the calculation of the out-of-area index.
The Committee also considered:
- the impact of modifications to the post adjustment classification review cycles and the shortening of the duration of survey rounds for Group I duty stations; and
- the schedule for the 2010 place-to-place surveys at headquarters duty stations.